I'm one of those people who sometimes forgets to eat...
When the ideas start to flow & the scenery is just right I can be one productive dude!
No amount of guacamole can disturb the flow.
So I've come to the conclusion that it's time for some crazzy easy but crazzy delicious recipes that I can throw together in about 10 minutes.
Your body is a wonderland... Don't let it go hungry!
Here's the latest & greatest easy recipe:
**This recipe was an #OmSurfGive favorite.
Vermicelli Rice Noodle Bowls
with a ginger + garlic tahini sauce
For this recipe you'll need:
- One 8 oz. package vermicelli rice noodles.
- Veggies of your choice. I like to use red bell pepper, carrots, cucumbers, daikon radish & spicy sprouts.
- 1 avocado
- 2 T lime juice
- 2 T rice vinegar
- 2 t toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 inch fresh ginger root
- 2 medium sized cloves of garlic
- 1 T coconut aminos (or gluten free soy sauce)
- 1 C filtered water
- 1 C tahini
- 1/4 cup raw peanuts.
- Place the dry vermicelli rice noodles into a large bowl & pour enough boiling water over them to cover. Let sit for about 6 minutes, or until the noodles are bright white & tender. Strain & let cool.
- While the noodles cool you can slice your vegetables. I tend to julienne my veggies, but do whatever is easiest for you! I also like to buy pre-shredded organic carrots to save some time. :)
- To make the sauce, combine the lime juice, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, coconut aminos, water, tahini & peanuts into a blender. Let it go for a spin until everything is nicely incorporated. It's okay if the peanuts don't come out completely smooth, texture is a good thing! Adjust flavor if you need to by adding a bit more lime juice or salt.
- Now it's time to assemble. In a serving bowl start out with a bed of rice noodles & then pile your veggies on top! Avocado is a definite necessity in this dish, so don't be shy! Serve the sauce on the side or slather it on top. Either way you'll end up licking the bowl. :)
The whole idea behind this dish is to throw it together! So don't stress about what the vegetable slices look like. Just enjoy the fun flavors!
Comment below with your favorite quick & healthy recipe!