This is the perfect star recipe for your holiday brunch!
Roasted spaghetti squash + local organic egg + sun-dried tomato sauce
- 1 small organic spaghetti squash
- 4 local organic eggs
- 2 T olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 recipe sun-dried tomato sauce/your favorite store bought sauce
- Slice the spaghetti squash into rings about 1/2 inch thick. Remove the seeds with a spoon & discard. No need to peel the squash, but make sure it's been washed well. (I got 4 rings from one small spaghetti squash, but you may get more depending on the size of your squash)
- Cover a small sheet pan in parchment paper & lay out your squash rings. Drizzle with the olive oil & season each side well with salt + pepper. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Once the time is up, remove from the oven & flip each squash round. Crack a single egg into the middle of each ring & season them with salt + pepper. Return to the oven for another 10-12 minutes. The egg should still have a runny yolk but the whites should be completely opaque & cooked.
- Serve with a bit of marinara & fresh herbs as a garnish. Best served right out of the oven!