Celebrating simple and flavorful ingredients is what summer is all about. Take advantage of the prime produce and be proud of your summer salads!
We pair ripe heirloom tomatoes with a fresh lemon and tarragon vinaigrette. That's what I call the epitome of summer.
Summer Heirloom Tomato Salad
- 1.5 lbs Heirloom tomatoes, assorted colors & sizes
- Fleur de sel
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Champagne vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped tarragon
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp local honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Assorted micro greens/sprouts
1. Thinly slice the tomatoes and arrange on a serving platter or individual plates
2. Sprinkle with fleur de sel and freshly ground black pepper
3. Thinly slice one shallot and toss in a bowl with 2 tbsp Champagne vinegar. Let sit for 5 minutes
4. In a bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, minced garlic, chopped tarragon, dijon mustard, honey and olive oil. Season lightly with salt and pepper
5. Drain the sliced shallots from the vinegar and arrange them on top of the tomatoes. Add the micro greens/sprouts, some tarragon leaves & finish by pouring over the vinaigrette
**Tomatoes are best when served fresh & at room temperature. We do not recommend putting the tomatoes in the fridge.
From korKitchen to your kitchen, enjoy!