A person can only handle so much almond milk...
Try this simple and delicious pistachio milk recipe from korKitchen:
- 2 cups raw pistachios, soaked in filtered water for at least 4 hours
- 3 cups filtered water
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground allspice
- 2 tbsp. local honey
1. Cover your pistachios with filtered water and soak for at least 4 hours.
2. Drain and rinse the pistachios.
3. Add them to your blender along with the 3 cups of water, salt, cinnamon, allspice & honey.
4. Blend on high speed for 30 seconds. (a high-speed blender will produce the best result)
5. Strain the milk into a bowl through a cheesecloth or nut milk bag. You will need to use your hands to squeeze the milk away from the pulp.
6. Once you've successfully squeezed as much liquid from the pulp as possible, you can store the milk in an air tight jar for up to 1 week in the fridge.
I can see all of the possibilities now:
- Mix it with pumpkin spice granola
- Make a pumpkin spice latte with pistachio milk
- Smoothies galore
- Milk & cookies
Let us know how you like this recipe by leaving a comment!