With the recent rains in Texas, this year's peach crop is the "best peach crop since 2010."
That means it's time to go peach crazy! Here's one of my favorite flavor combinations. This simple salad is perfect for a fresh summer dinner.
For the salad:
- Spring mix
- Toasted pistachios
- Local peaches
- Jalapeño Neufchatel (or your favorite local cheese)
- Salt & Pepper
Quantity of ingredients for this salad depends on personal preference. You really can't take a wrong turn with simplicity like this.
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Some assembly required:
1. Toast the pistachios & let cool completely (or you can buy already-toasted pistachios)
2. Slice the peaches & scallions
3. Add spring mix to a large bowl with pistachios, peaches & scallions
4. Season with salt & pepper (Yes! seasoning your salads will change your life)
5. Toss the salad without dressing to evenly disperse ingredients
6. Add all of the dressing ingredients to a mason jar with a lid. Shake until well combined
7. Toss the salad with the dressing & serve with Jalapeño Neufchatel
The dressing recipe yields about 3/4 cup. It will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.