Dressing up veggies is one of my hobbies.
I love to take a beautiful locally grown product like carrots & elevate them to the next level with a punch of flavor.
This pesto definitely delivers that punch! It's unique in the ingredient proportions with walnuts being the bulk of the pesto. That nutty flavor pairs perfectly with the fresh summer mint.
- 2 cups toasted walnuts
- 1/3 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp. champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed shredded parmesan
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 8-10 grinds black pepper
- 2/3 cup - 1 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Put your walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, checking frequently.
- Let the walnuts cool completely before moving on to next step
- Add all ingredients except olive oil into a food processor
- Pulse 10 times to mix ingredients together. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the processor bowl when needed.
- Add the olive oil to the food processor in 2 batches. (1/3 cup at a time) Turn on the food processor for 10 seconds after each addition. If you'd like a thinner final product, add in the additional 1/3 cup of olive oil.
- Taste the pesto and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Transfer to a bowl and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Serve on top of basically anything grilled or roasted...but I LOVE to serve it with some beautiful rainbow carrots.