Try this simple dressing on everything from salads to grilled chicken. It's simply summer perfection.
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1-2 tsp. honey
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
+ Salt & pepper to taste
Add all ingredients into a jar with a lid. Shake well & store in the fridge for up to a week.
Optional ingredients & substitutions:
A vinaigrette recipe like this invites creativity to the party. Here's some ideas to take this dressing to the next level:
- Add 1 tsp. chopped shallot or a grated garlic clove
- Grill the lemons over charcoal before juicing to get a smoky flavor
- Incorporate a deep flavor like anchovy by mincing in a few filets
- HERBS! Tarragon, basil, rosemary, thyme, oregano...you get the picture.
- Grated parmesan cheese will add a salty and delicious flavor to this dressing
- Options are endless!