Meet Karissa, your newest Kor180 instructor.
1. Where are you from?
Born and raised in New England, but moved to Austin from Boston in 2012!
2. Do you have a “Day Job”? If so what is it?
When I’m not at Kor180, I’m at the Facebook Austin office helping Fortune 500 companies with their Facebook strategy.
3. How did you originally find out about Kor180?
I originally was looking for a new workout to get into amazing shape for my wedding. After trying out all the local boutique studios for Indoor Cycling and Barre, I decided that Kor180 was the best fit and provided the most value. I now have a strong core to prove it!
4. Why were you interested in becoming an Instructor?
After being a client for 6 months, I fell in love with the korFormer and all the amazing things it could do for your body and mind. I wanted to share it with all my friends, but realized quickly the best way for me to share my love of Pilates was to become a teacher. Once I was presented the opportunity, I knew it was meant to be!
5. Do you have a favorite pre-class pump-up song?
Right now I’m obsessed with “Fancy” by Iggy Azalea for pre-class and during class pump-up!
6. How would you describe your teaching style?
I’m still figuring out my teaching style! Sometimes I feel like channeling Jillian, and sometimes Bob (excuse my lame Biggest Loser reference ha-ha). Either way, my biggest focus right now is giving you a tough workout that gets your heart rate up and creates results.
7. What’s your favorite post-workout snack?
I usually workout in the morning so my post workout snack is actually my breakfast! I have a favorite protein shake that I make quite often. Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake (Cherries, Water, Cottage Cheese, Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, Protein Powder and Ice).
8. What do you love to do during free time?
During my free time I’m currently planning a wedding, when I’m not doing that I’m working on landscaping for our new house.
9. How can we find you on social media?
I’m on Facebook, Instagram (@krsalee) and Twitter (@krsa_c)
10. What are you looking forward to most when working at Kor180?
I’m so excited to share my passion for Pilates with all of our wonderful clients and helping people achieve their fitness goals.
11. What’s one thing that continually inspires you to lead a healthy life?
Fitness and Nutrition is the foundation to a happy life! It helps me sleep better, increases confidence and reduces stress, which has and continues to increase the overall quality of my life.