I'm always looking for a healthy snack.
BUT...as I write this I'm eating salt & vinegar potato chips. This means I don't always find what I'm looking for.
What I've learned about myself is if I can prep things ahead of time then I have a dramatically better chance of reaching for the healthy snack vs. the chips.
Today's #korKitchen recipe was born through my love of caramel apples...as well as this new goal of prepping healthy snacks for the week ahead.
- 1 dozen pitted, soaked medjool dates
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. alcohol free vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
1. Soak the dates & cashews for at least 6 hours in filtered water. This softens them & makes blending super simple.
2. Add the soaked dates & cashews to your blender. Pour over the water & add the rest of the ingredients.
3. Blend on high for 20-30 seconds, or until smooth & creamy. If you need a bit more water to achieve the desired creamy texture, go for it 1 tbsp. at a time.
4. Pour into a bowl and refrigerate for up to 5 days!
I obviously like to serve this with apples...but dip and double dip whatever your heart desires.