These make the BEST appetizer. Seriously...people went crazy.
- 12 brussels sprouts (I used local purple brussels sprouts in this recipe)
- 1 small block of aged white cheddar cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Start by washing the brussels sprouts really well & removing any tough outer leaves. Slice a bit of the stem off & then slice the brussels in half lengthwise.
- So that the appetizers sit flat & don't roll around, slice a tiny bit of the rounded edge off of half of each brussels sprout.
- Place each brussels sprout onto a parchment lined baking sheet & drizzle with olive oil. Season well with salt & pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until brussels take on a bit of golden brown color. Let them cool before plating.
- To assemble: start with the half of the brussels sprout that will sit flat, add a small slice of your cheddar cheese & then top with the other half of the brussels sprout. Put a skewer or toothpick through to hold them together & serve to your soon-to-be very grateful party guests. :)
Tweet us pics of your #korKitchen recipes come to life!