Bring the spring season into your BBQ with this simple 5 ingredient recipe:
Blackberry BBQ sauce
- 12 oz. organic blackberries
- 1/2 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup organic tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp. organic tomato paste
- local honey to taste
+ 1/2 tsp. salt & 10 grinds of pepper
- In a small saucepan bring the blackberries & balsamic vinegar to a boil. Reduce to a simmer & cook for 5 minutes.
- Blend the blackberries and vinegar together in a heat proof blender. (you can use an immersion blender for this if you have one)
- Strain the mixture to remove all seeds & return back to the small saucepan.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, tomato paste, honey, salt & pepper. Bring back to a boil & reduce to a simmer. Let this cook for 15 minutes.
I love to brush this sauce on grilled shrimp, but the options are endless!