For the vinaigrette:
(Yields 6 oz)
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 tbsp. minced shallot
- 1/4 tsp. + 1/8 tsp freshly cracked pink peppercorns
- 1/4 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 T honey
- 1/2 tsp. kosher sea salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
For the salad:
(Yields 4-6 servings)
- 1 head radicchio
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- Handful of micro basil or freshly chopped basil (I found the micro basil at Central Market)
- Gorgonzola crumbled to taste
- Add all vinaigrette ingredients to a jar with a lid. SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before dressing your salad.
- Quarter the radicchio, remove core and roughly chop. Add to a large bowl.
- Chop the apples into large cubes and roughly chop the walnuts. Add to the bowl.
- Add in the micro basil. If you're using regular basil, simply run through it with your knife so that it's in small strands. (The micro basil is fun, but not at all necessary)
- Crumble the gorgonzola into the bowl to taste. Mix everything together and add enough vinaigrette to dress the salad. You can always add more if needed .
- Taste for seasoning and add additional salt if needed.
BOOM. So simple yet sophisticated and delicious.