This simple recipe will sooth the soul. Time to slurp!
- 2 tbsp. ghee or grass fed butter
- 2 leaks
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 parsnips
- 4 carrots
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped dill + some for garnish
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 quarts roasted chicken broth (Homemade stock is even better!)
- 9 oz fresh gluten free Fusilli or your favorite noodle
- 1 organic roasted chicken or store bought rotisserie chicken
1. Chop each leek in half where the white meets the green. Discard the tops and slice the whites into quarters. Chop into small pieces and rinse under water to remove any dirt.
2. Mince both garlic cloves.
2. Peel the carrots and parsnips. Chop into bite size pieces. No need to be precise, making soup should be nice and easy.
3. Melt the ghee or butter in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the leeks, garlic and a pinch of salt. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the carrots and parsnips. Stir well and allow to cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Strip the thyme leaves off of the stems and add to the pot. Follow that with the chopped dill.
6. Pour in 2 quarts of chicken broth. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes
7. Add the fresh pasta to the pot and cook for another 3 minutes. If using dry pasta it will be between 6 and 10 minutes. Check the box for exact timing.
8. Turn off the heat and add your cooked chicken. Stir well and allow to heat through. Taste before serving to adjust seasoning if necessary.
9. Serve in a big bowl with a garnish of fresh dill. There's nothing better. :)
From #korKitchen to your kitchen.