We're all human & cravings are a part of life.
For example - If I'm craving a blondie recipe of mine that happens to be loaded with brown butter and sugar, then I have two options:
1. Make the recipe as is
2. "Cover" the recipe
Musicians have their favorite songs to cover while chefs have their favorite recipes. What I like to do is take an obviously unhealthy recipe & flip it into something guilt-free.
Voila, my craving is filled.
Grain Free Blondies
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped dried strawberries
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (I like the enjoy life brand)
- 1/4 cup ghee, melted (or 1/4 cup coconut oil)
- 2 eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup local honey
- 1 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350°
2. Grease an 8 in square baking dish and line with parchment paper. (the parchment isn't necessary, but it makes the removal process much easier!)
3. In a medium sized mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients. This includes the chopped hazelnuts, dried strawberries & chocolate chips. Mix together well.
4. In another bowl, whisk your wet ingredients together until well combined.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until everything is well incorporated.
6. Add the mixture to your prepared baking dish & bake for 15-17 minutes or until the center of the blondies are just set.
7. Let them cool completely on the counter & then chill in the fridge for the best end result. They get deliciously chewy and amazing.